Sunday 24 July 2016


Kafe Karlín
Sokolovská 46/51
18600 Prague
Yesterday I tried this tiny coffee shop as the place that I had intended to check out, Cafe Frida,  was not open yet. The place is modern and the abiance is great. The large variety of coffee available to choose from is one thing but the fact that it has also become a bit of a restaurant with its nice choice of foods made me wonder as there is no seating. The place is designed purely on the "coffee and food to go" market. My suspicions were not grounded and the coffee was great. The best thing here was that the service continued well beyond the check-out counter. At some of the places where I have recently been but which I do not find worthy of a review, the service was good up to the moment that you paid. This was mainly the case in various Starbucks and Costa chains. There is one Starbucks where the service is personal and teh place is frequented daily. The service at the private espresso bars such as this place near the main Jan Žižka monument of the horse on the hill. The phone rang, orders were taken and at teh same time the staff had time to chat with the customers with a smile. It proves teh point that "everyone loves a smiler". A smile brings so much joy, is forgiving and works motivating. I am not sure if it also makes the coffee taste better but one thing is for sure, this coffee tasted great and the place will remain on my list of places to frequent.

No comments:

Post a Comment